Islamic Studies at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
The Islamic Studies Program at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary is specifically designed for Christians who desire to engage Muslims with the Gospel. As a result this program takes the following approach:
- The completion of a Biblically based core of classes in order to establish a sound position from which to engage Muslims with the Gospel.
- A detailed study of the various aspects of the religion of Islam such as its historical development, beliefs and theological arguments, contemporary expressions, geographical and cultural contexts, major figures, and important literature.
- A consideration of Islam and the life of a Muslim from within Islam so that an attempt is made to understand their perspective. While understanding and recognizing traditions of Muslims, our aim is to place biblical beliefs in persuasive conversation with core tenets of Islam for the purpose of evangelization.
- An examination of the opportunities and methods for sharing the Gospel with Muslims.
- Studying the languages of Islam with particular attention to Arabic, but also allowing for directed study in the non-Arabic language expressions of Islam.
Please direct all questions and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org